Here is a fun musical game and dictation exercise to help your Chinese students with spelling learned words!
Activity: Musical Dictation
Level: Pre-school and primary school
- Prepare a piece of music that Chinese students know and like.
- Explain the rules to the class:
- As the music plays, take a ball and quickly pass it to each other.
- When the music stops, the student who has the ball in his/her hands has to write down what the teacher says.
- If the word is correct, the student gets a point.
- The student with the most points wins.
- You can also devide your class into groups to make it more fun. It will also have a group spirit building aim.