Almost all Chinese schools require a demonstration lesson. You will have about 25 minutes to demonstrate your abilities to teachers and kids. To prepare to English demo class in China successfully, discover how much time you will have, what age group you will teach and what is the topic you have to teach. If you cannot get a specific answer, prepare a few lesson options and makethe school aware what topics you have prepared.
Here are some of the questions you should a classroom teacher:
- What topic were taught to the class?
- What topic is class studying?
- How big is the group?
- What teaching material is available?
- Who will be watching the lesson?
Chinese school is not expecting you to be perfect, but you have to be engaging and positive. Here are some tips for you:
- Tell the kids what they’ll learn and review – show your communicational and organisational skills.
- Be enthusiastic. Use body language and appropriate humor.
- Make your demo class interactive and engaing.
- Use visuals.
Read More: Doing Demo Class In China
Chinese schools are looking for Esl teachers who are professional and caring. Here are some great advice and examples of demo in China: